Tuesday 1 September 2020

The time I started collecting older Indrajal issues

Indrajal Comics Mahabharata Part 1 & 2
As I had remarked earlier that I had lost Indrajal 320 and had to buy it again some time later. It was from a 'raddiwalla' shop in Dahisar (East) - on the Station Road. It had on display - hung with clips - a huge number of comics - Indrajals, Amar Chitra Katha. My eyes quickly spotted the one I had lost and beside it were Indrajal Comics 272 and 278. I got these. Thus I began to add older issues to the Indrajals which were coming out every 15 days.
This raddiwala shop would become one of my favourite haunts in later years - when I would be allowed  to wander alone afar - Dahisar was about 3 kms from my home. I used to walk it out and buy comics from the amount saved on the bus fare. But that is for later.
Though I still have the original No. 320 bought 40 years ago - I have lost both 272 and 278 - I don't remember whom I lent to!
Now I have both the issues as self printed hard copies - yet the imprinted memories connected with them make these more nostalgic.

No comments: